This year's reunion is April 29 - May 1, 2022.
The reunion will take place at Short Stay Recreation Area Joint Base Charleston.
Located on Lake Moultrie, Short Stay Recreation Area offers recreational lodging, RV park, beach and lake access and much more! Admission is available to eligible Department of Defense card holders
Please reach out to Ron Cochran for lodging accommodations. You connect with Ron by clicking here. He will start taking reservations beginning January 3rd.
- 2 two bedroom. $86.00 night
- 8 three bedroom $97.00 per night
- 2 four bedroom $110.00 per night
They also have 59 RV sites full hookups for $22.00 per nite. They will only let one retiree book 3 sites.
There are a few hotels near Short Stay:
Moncks Corner Inn
102 N U.S. Hwy 52
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
The planning committee is hammering out the details. Here is what we have so far...
- They are looking for a volunteer for the entertainment, food and base liaison.
- The agenda is still being worked on. However, we will have a BBQ at the base pavilion. We will have a dinner banquet. We will have a memory lane, so bring your ship nostalgia. A bus tour to old Charleston mansions may be on the agenda.
- This will not be expensive as James is looking for sponsors for donations.
- James will also be contacting the new Santa Barbara and invite some of their crew as well as the city of Santa Barbara. He is also coordinating with the base MWR for multi-day visitors passes as well as they waive the military states requirement for the villas.
- PM Ron through Facebook if you plan to attend and let him know what type lodging you want, and if you are retired or a vet.
For the latest information please visit facebook.com/groups/2822386754728604.